|In order to view offers from Participating Institutes and make decision, GATE qualified candidates are required to register at COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal).|
1. While making online payment, money got deducted from my account but still the system is asking for payment again!
Reply: If money got deducted from your account and the system is asking you to pay again, then this may be treated as a case of network failure. Instead of trying to pay again, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “PAYMENT FAILURE FOR JMP-2019”, while mentioning Name, Application No., Transaction ID, Date & Time and proof of payment (Bank A/c Statement). You may have to wait for 48 hours for the problem to be resolved.
2. I paid twice due to transactions failure. How do I get back my excess payments?
Reply: If any applicant has paid the application fee more than once due to network failure and the same has also been deducted from his/her bank account, then the excess amount paid by the applicant will be refunded by IIT Kharagpur. To request for refund, the applicant has to send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following details: 1) Name, 2) Application No., 3) Transaction ID, Date and Time. Based on the email and verification, refunds will be initiated by IIT Kharagpur and this may take 15 days from the date of receipt of mail.
Since refunds will be made by IIT Kharagpur, the applicant who has made excess payment should not raise chargeback with the online transaction service provider. The service provider will not entertain any chargeback request.
3. Can I pay the registration fee by a demand draft (DD)?
Reply: No! Payment should be made by online only. There is no provision for payment through DD.
4. I am trying to fill JMP 2019 admission form. However, while filling for my specialization and GATE Paper, I am not able to get some choices!
Reply: The combination of Disciplines and GATE papers should be as per Table 7 of the JMP Brochure. Based on the same, the choices appear while filling the application. If a particular choice is not appearing indicates that this combination is not available. Since the available combinations cannot be changed, candidates are advised to study Table 7 carefully to identify suitable choices for which they are eligible.
5. Do I need to send any document/print-out of Application form to GATE office, IIT Kharagpur?
Reply: There is no need to send any hardcopy of the application form or other documents to IIT Kharagpur. All necessary documents have to be uploaded at the time of filling application. However, you may keep a print-out of the application form for your reference.
6. What are the documents that I have to upload at the time of filling the application?
Reply: You have to upload proof of qualification e.g. qualifying degree certificate or final year marks sheet which indicates the overall percentage of marks/CGPA. If you belong to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category, then the necessary and valid category certificate has to be uploaded along with the qualifying certificate. Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates have to upload the necessary PwD certificate along with the other documents listed above.
7. I am a final year student and will be receiving my qualifying degree certificate before 31st October 2019. What are the qualifying certificates that I have to upload?
Reply: If you are in final semester/final year and will be receiving your qualifying degree certificate before 31st October 2019, then upload your last semester’s/last year’s mark sheet/grade sheet as proof of qualification.
8. I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply for JMP 2019?
Reply: Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for JMP admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the JMP application.
9. Is there any format for OBC-NCL category ?
Reply: YES. You have to download OBC-NCL format from our website, get it signed by the competent authority and upload the .pdf format of the same during online application.
10. Can I upload OBC-NCL category certificate issued before 1st April 2018 ?
Reply: No. You have to upload OBC-NCL category certificate issued on or after 1st April 2018.
11. Can I submit Class X Markseet or Certificate as proof of Date of Birth (DoB) ?
Reply: If DOB is mentioned, you can upload Class X Mark-sheet or Certificate as proof of DoB.
12. I do not find my qualifying discipline in the qualifying discipline list given in Table 5, hence I have chosen ZA/ZB (Any discipline of Engineering/science not mentioned above). Will my application be accepted or not?
Reply: The JMP 2019 application of all those candidates choosing a qualifying discipline that is not specified by any department will be considered for admission only when the concerned department accepts the actual qualifying discipline of the candidate as suitable for the chosen specialization.
13. I am graduated in “Bachelor of Planning”. What discipline code should I choose for applying to MTech in City Planning specialization?
Reply: Candidates passing/passed with “Bachelor of Planning” may choose AR (Architecture Engineering) as discipline code.